Top 6 Blockchain Content Marketing Strategies that Works | 2023 Edition
In this blog, you will discover the top 6 blockchain content marketing strategies that works for all market cycles in order to get the attention you need.
This article will teach you the top 6 blockchain content marketing strategies that work in all market cycles.
These six marketing strategies have been proven and tested to work by me. So, there is no need to scratch your head wondering if this works.
Blockchain technology, DeFi, NFT, or whatever Web3 product is life-changing. But without the right blockchain content marketing strategies in place. You will not get the attention of your target audience for your project.
What is Blockchain in Simple English?
Blockchain technology is a decentralized system for recording information. It is based on a public ledger of all transactions that have ever been executed. This ledger is called a blockchain.
Each block in the blockchain contains a number of transactions, as well as a timestamp and a hash of the previous block.
This means that each block is linked to the previous block, and so on, forming a chain. Making it very difficult to tamper with the data on the blockchain because any changes would be visible to everyone.
Blockchain technology is used to power cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.
But it can also be used for other things, such as tracking the supply chain of products or storing voting records.
Some of it's notable use cases are:
- Cryptocurrencies: Cryptocurrencies are digital or virtual tokens that use cryptography to secure their transactions and to control the creation of new units.
- Supply chain management: Blockchain can be used to track the movement of goods through a supply chain, from the raw materials to the finished product. This can help to improve transparency and efficiency and to reduce fraud.
- Voting: Blockchain can be used to create secure and transparent voting systems. This can help to reduce voter fraud and increase confidence in the democratic process.
- Identity management: Blockchain can be used to create secure and verifiable digital identities. This can help to prevent identity theft and make it easier to access online services.
- Property / IP rights: Blockchain can be used to record and manage property rights. This can help to reduce fraud and make it easier to transfer property ownership.
Now that you have a clearer idea of what blockchain is, it is time to head back where we were—blockchain content marketing!
Important to note: Some blockchain marketing requires the right tools to start. Click here to read our article on the top 6 web3 marketing tools.
Besides green candles on Tradingview, what other options can you explore to get more exposure for your project?
Here comes blockchain content marketing!
What is Blockchain Content Marketing?
Blockchain content marketing combines strategic storytelling, SEO, and community-driven engagement to build trust, authority, and growth for your blockchain or Web3 project.
This comprehensive guide will show how you can formulate and implement blockchain marketing strategies that work for your project.
Blockchain content marketing involves researching, crafting, and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience.
Most importantly, blockchain content marketing goes beyond mere promotion. It’s about bridging the knowledge gap and demystifying blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), etc.
So, here’s the top 6 blockchain content marketing that works for 2023:
- Community Building
- SEO Educational Content
- Paid Search
- Giveaway Events
- KOLs & Influencers
- Shorts & YouTube Marketing
I have personally conducted marketing campaigns based on the list above before I even started Solid Metrics, a crypto marketing agency.
Below are some top marketing ideas (Tried, Tested, and Validated!). We will likely explore these six strategies if you want to work with us.
#1: Community Building
Community building involves creating and nurturing a community of engaged users and supporters around your blockchain brand.
This could include blog subscribers, social media followers, Telegram/Discord members, etc.
- Foster user engagement by consistently publishing valuable content like tutorials, FAQs, AMAs, polls, surveys, etc.
- Encourage community interaction through comments, contests, giveaways, live chats, and exclusive content.
- Build relationships and loyalty.
- Make stuff people feel proud of sharing (Or, shilling lol)
We mentioned green candles that only go up because building a community on red candles is impossible.
Eventually, the flame will burn out. Yuga Lab’s BAYC collection is the best example of ‘No matter how strong your community is, red candles will tear it apart.’
- Initial green candles.
- Maintain your green candles and avoid unending red candle seasons.
- Amazing product that sells itself without much effort; imagine Rolex & Apple.
- Progressive overload—in improvements and updates with your project.
- Do not become complacent.
I would only recommend this route personally if you're very committed to it, like your life depends on it.
Another update: As of 4th September, it looks like BAYC took another hit on their price. Things could be looking better through the lens of Nansen Analytic.
#2: SEO Educational Content
Create in-depth, evergreen SEO content like guides, ebooks, tutorials, and videos to attract organic traffic by ranking high in search engines.
Focus on topics and keywords your audience is searching for.
Blogs can be an amazing digital marketing strategy for your target audience if you plan to be the key opinion leader of a niche in the crypto space.
For example, Chainlink is an Oracle-based blockchain project that covers everything about Oracle and Smart Contracts.
Ranking on Google gives you a fantastic edge, and blogs can produce long-term ROI for your Web3 brand because they can:
- Give you traffic all year round.
- Become self-reliant without running short-term expensive campaigns to attract new visitors.
- Help you convert newbies easily.
- Constantly syndicating blog posts through social media platforms, so you don’t have to worry about ‘gaps’ between post updates.
You need to figure out your niche and cover just that, and within a reasonable timeframe, people will start looking up to you for anything related to your niche.
If you’re unsure how to start, consider working with Web3 SEO agencies specializing in creating Web3 content within the blockchain industry.
#3: Paid Search
Paid search involves buying ads on search engines like Google and Bing to promote your content, products, or services at the top of results pages.
Keyword targeting allows you to reach users actively searching for blockchain-related topics.
- Research high-traffic, low-competition keywords.
- Set daily budgets and maximize clicks within your budget using geo, device, and time targeting.
- A/B test ad variations.
- Track conversions and optimize for results over time.
- Expand reach through search engine marketing.
Although this can work, we’re personally putting this into the grey zone, too.
Paid searches can often be manipulative and have been used previously to phish people into approving the malicious smart contract.
Beyond just search engines' paid search campaigns, this also applies to social media platforms' ads.
#4: Giveaway Events
Giveaways create hype and attract new followers by offering prizes like free cryptocurrency, NFTs, hardware wallets, etc.
Of course, you would want to design it to require social shares, tags, and follows to participate for the chance of winning the giveaway.
- Promote giveaways across social media, email, and influencers.
- Consider entry requirements like follows, tags, and referrals.
- Select prizes relevant to your audience.
- Automate entry collection and winner selection with QuestN or Gleam.
- Highlight winners to encourage future participation.
- Create a better relationship between brands through co-hosting giveaway events.
- Create a loyalty program allowing your existing community to participate constantly.
Important note: You’re most likely using 80% of your giveaway rewards paid out to crypto giveaway hunters.
These types jump into your Discord server, say ‘GM,’ and are never seen again.
Don't let this strategy disappoint you because you can still get great key performance indicators even though 80% of the giveaway budgets are paid out to giveaway hunters.
If you are worried about crypto giveaway hunters spamming your Discord, our crypto community manager can come in for the rescue.
#5: KOLs & Influencers
You can partner with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and influencers in the crypto space to leverage their established audiences by sponsoring reviews, hosting collaboration events, etc.
- Identify influencers with engaged niche audiences—You wouldn’t promote DeFi projects with a food website.
- Negotiate single posts or longer-term partnerships; RT and QT prices usually vary.
- Provide free products, exclusive content/interviews, and affiliate links.
- Track engagement metrics and conversions from mentions.
- Use influencer analytic tools to determine trust.
Unfortunately, KOL and influencer marketing can easily fall into a grey zone, as tweets like the one below can mislead your followers into taking actions that could potentially cause harm.
For example, tweeting about things like: "100X." "Made $X millions."
Influencers can be tricky if you are new, so, working with influencer marketing agencies like RogueIQ help you significantly to filter off bad players.
Crypto influencers can be helpful when it comes to introducing new ideas to crypto audiences through educational threads, for example, explaining the difference between Ethereum and Bitcoin decentralized exchange.
Bad players can also misuse influencers, so be cautious with this marketing method.
#6: Shorts & YouTube Marketing
Short-form video content on platforms like YouTube Shorts and TikTok can expand your reach. Videos showcase products, explain concepts, or entertain.
YouTube also supports long-form videos.
- Produce short, engaging videos under 60 seconds tailored to each platform’s algorithm.
- Long-form educational video works, too.
- Use eye-catching thumbnails and titles.
- Promote videos across your other social channels.
- Analyze watch time, views, traffic sources, and engagement.
- Aim for conversions.
These top 6 blockchain content marketing strategies are the benchmark if you’re clueless about where to start. Generally, SEO content creation is the safest option until you have figured out strategies with higher risk.
SEO content creation can be the safest because it’s much more evergreen than other content marketing. Rarely can a blog produce a one-hit-wonder that gives insane ROI in a short period—unless you’re a prominent figure.
Most importantly, don’t miss out on your potential home run opportunities with higher velocity and risk. Sure, there’s more spending, but you could get more community and user growth returns. So, it’s never linear.
Keep an open mind and always be open to experimenting with blockchain content marketing strategies beyond the six shared strategies of this article.